Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Where oh where has my little bean gone?


Hello my patient and wonderful friends. I have been so busy with summer and my new job that I have been extremely negligent in my blogging duties, but rest assured I have missed you all very much.

So today to celebrate the return to normalcy, I am posting. I can’t promise that this will be a regular thing, but for today I will post. I sent the wee man off on the bus today to enter the everyday world of Grade 1. I am sad that summer has gone, and that the fun is over, but I am breathing a huge sigh of relief – I am a sucker for routine. Bedtimes that are observed, meals are eaten and somewhat on time, and there is not the continual quest for fun fun fun while you still can. Now it will be homework and cool fall nights and snugging in with the unit.

Well the meat diet didn’t last very long and the 12 week challenge bit the biscuit. But you know some things are more important that my weight. I am coming to this realization finally. Sure I want to be thinner, but it is not the focus of my life. I did have a few things happen with my son this summer that seared me to my heart, and made me wonder if maybe for his sake I should lose weight, but then I thought about it and realized I needed to work more on his manners and to teach him that words can hurt more than any weapon that could come against you. For a kid that is sensitive about his weight he has no problem slamming me about mine. Six year olds are smelly!

Church is good, I am seeking a new church home and I am relaxing about the whole thing. I realized that I was getting so worked up about the logistics that I was forgetting about the things that really matter like ‘be still and know that I am God’ and all the other groovy things that go along with being a believe like peace, love, direction and transformed lives.

I love my new job. It is fun and new and busy and exciting. The days fly by and except for minor annoyances like not having time to blog I am loving every minute of it.
I am feeling fulfilled and valuable in my job for the first time in a long time. It was a good move.

How you all doing!
Kat it is nice to be missed let me tell you. I will try to be more diligent with the posting.
Keep well and I am sure you will be hearing more from me soon!

Bean

2 Comments:

Blogger snackiepoo said...

Bean, we always miss you but as long as you are gone cause you are out there loving life, who can complain?

11:36 AM  
Blogger nakedpastor said...

like your writing. PLEASE write more!!!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home