Friday, July 14, 2006

It is working…


Nekid Friday weigh-in was a success, 261 this morning. Now I have to admit I haven’t been a strict as I have been, but I am working it. I went to Old Navy and bought myself an outfit, (yes it will shrink with me.) I am feeling pretty positive about this and not making it too nutty on myself.

I have been thinking a lot lately about body image and clothes. I always hide my arms. I don’t like them, I never have, but this summer I am being a bit more liberated. They are out there. Nothing indecent but the occasional tank top has been known to grace my body. I am actually thinking of picking up a few more when I head over to the States next weekend for shopping with my gal pal. It occurred to me, who am I fooling, whether my arms are covered or not, is not going to change anything. I am still going to be fat whether I hide them or not, however, I am going to be cooler and not have the distinctive farmers tan, when I set them free. In my humble opinion, and apologies to all the sun avoiders, tanned fat looks much better than the glowing white stuff that I have.

My new job is challenging and fun. The people are all very nice and welcoming. It helps that I have worked in the building for four years and know most of them. They seem happy to have me aboard and it is proving to be a fun experience. This is the fastest week I have ever had in this building and I am hoping that time continues to pass quickly so I can leave and do the things that are really important like spend time with my delightful family. I have such a big love on for them all lately. Everything that Mini Bean does either makes me laugh or shake my head in exasperation, she is three. Lil’ boy Bean is a delight, how I ever managed to produce such an amazing child is beyond me. He is smart and funny and full of a real zest for life, learning and love. Partner Bean is a delight. I think we are in love. I have always loved him, but I am in love with him lately. He is rocking my world. (How 80’s was that saying that just flew out of my fingers? LOL!)

So I am heading out for an action packed weekend. Camping, a baby shower and listening to a pal play old country at a Legion. Should be good times. I hope the weekend doesn’t go by as fast as the week did.

Take care, stick with the challenge (all you AFW followers) and most of all be happy.

Bean, forgetting my name, as new information pushes out the old.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Awesome! Keep it up!

I totally hear you on the arms. I've gotten better at baring in the past year because while living on my own, I got used to wearing tank tops around the house. This year I have a couple of loose, flouncy sleeve shirts that show quite a bit. I'm comfortable in them.

According to my sister, the arms are the easiest body part to tone. Hah.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Rabbit said...

I am totally with you on the arms. I started wearing tanks last summer and although I still feel a little self-conscious, I am mostly OK with it. I also agree about the tanned flesh thing. My arms look much better with a little colour on them. Good for you on the continued success with weight loss. Don't worry too much about how strict you are as long as you keep going in the right direction. I love you and am proud of you.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home