Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I wanna go, oh-oh, to the late night double feature picture show



Happy belated 4th of July to all my America friends. I hope the festivities were fun and fabulous and that no animals were harmed in the making …

My weekend was very nice. It was kid free fun-a-palooza all weekend.

Friday was all about the shopping and watching the kids play up and down the street with their buddies, followed by packing them in the car and driving them to Grandma’s and Grandpa’s for the weekend. From there DH and I headed to the drive-in for a double feature. We saw Click and Bench Warmers. Can you guess which movie was better?

Saturday was all about the camping. I’ve ranted off down that path before, but all I have to say is. Camping is better when you have children to distract you from all the drunken idiots that seem to come into their fullness when you stick them in the bush.

Sunday was all about packing up and then heading back into K-town for night church. When I got back from church DH was so proud that he had set up the TV in the bedroom so we could snuggle and watch movies. I don’t think I need to spell out where that path lead to. Men and their ulterior motives sheesh giggle giggle.

Monday it was all about the picking up of the kids, celebrating the Brother Bean’s birthday and having some fabulous family time.

Which brings us back to do re mi fa so la ti do…..

So I have decided I am going to do this 12 week challenge. I have been playing around with it, but as of Tuesday I have decided to commit. I am doing an Atkins type thing. It is amazing how much better and in control I feel after just one day. Now that is if I can ignore the raging headache that is symptomatic of the sugar withdrawal. But the insane drive to eat really does go away and frankly I eat better when there is no processed foods in my general vicinity, I am not being as restrictive as Dr A would like, but hey he’s dead so what is he going to do about it? I am not willing to give up my apple a day that he claims is the devil’s spawn, but come on people, it’s an apple!

I figure I will do it for two weeks and see what happens. I already feel more in control. I know and have always known that this is the way I should eat, but you know when you favourite foods, ones I would be happy to live off, are cake and sugar, it is tough. But so am I, so bring it on you doughnut renegades, I’m ready with my egg grenades and meat stick.

So I’ll be back Friday with the Week 2 weigh in. Don’t expect miracles, as I spent the weekend stuffing my face, but Week 3 should tell the tale.

Bean, hiding under the bed, hanging with the dust bunnies.

2 Comments:

Blogger snackiepoo said...

Bench Warmers???

LOL

4:09 PM  
Blogger Rabbit said...

Way to go! I'm also glad you had a good kid-free weekend.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home