Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tuesday ramblings or Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus


I am sure that you all are getting tired of the sporadic postings, but life has been a bit crazy lately. I had an interview for another position in the company, and it went well. I am waiting to hear about it. I don’t want to get my hopes up too much, but I am only human.

Well we did it, we tried out our camping legs this last weekend, and all things considered it went well. I do hate it, the bugs, the hard ground and lack of sleep, but on the other hand I love the joy it brings to the kids. They spent the weekend going non-stop, swimming and playing with other kids. There was no crying, whining or attitudes, (from the kids anyway) just fun.

It rained like a son of a gun on Friday night and I was very thankful to Bill and Nancy for letting us use their tent this season. We stayed nice and dry all night. I am hoping that next time we go out it will be a little more relaxed, and that I don’t have to run back and forth to town like I did this time. Why is it I can’t camp without forgetting diapers?

So what is it with the perpetual nuttiness of graduations. Grade 8 graduates getting limos and renting tuxs, and now much to my surprise kindergarten graduation. So where was I last night? Shuffling through the mall looking for a collared shirt and dress pants for the wee man. Oh vey. I am actually taking Thursday off of work so I can make sandwiches for the celebration. My life went from predictable to mega busy in like two weeks flat.

I can’t believe that in a week and a half, all my family will be on summer break. DH is a bus driver so he is off all summer with the kids. I am hoping that things go a bit better this summer and it is not all kinds of being pent up in the house and waiting for Mummy to get home for the fun to begin. I have asked that the kids have fields trips three times a week, either to the splash pad (two in town) or the park for a picnic, or out to the campground for a swim. I am hoping this happens, last summer was a nightmare and I don’t think I could survive another like it (for a refresher course go here)
I hope that things work out according to the picture in my head, but you all know how well that usually works for me. Damn that Bean and her lofty ambitions LOL!

Other than that not much else is happening. A loud sigh of relief happened last night when that clock clicked down those final seconds and hockey was finally over until October. So long, see you later, its been a blast, thanks for giving me back my husband, who, by the way showed no interest in sports the whole time we were dating and only since he has become a old married fart, has decided that hockey is important and no, he has always loved hockey, what are you talking about, woman?

So with that glimpse into the life and times of Bean, I will leave you with this parting thought…

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.
--Henry David Thoreau


Bean

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Hi Bean! Happy summer to you! :)

Thanks for the nice post that you left for me. I wish that I knew of a way to be sure to hold on to this positive feeling that I'm riding like a wave. The only thing I know to do is to keep up with all of the little things that seem to be helping me, and hope that it sustains itself! But, I am sending you all of the best vibes that I can!!!

As for coming off the meds - it has been a rough week. I have been feeling it for sure. But I just hope that it keeps getting easier.

Take care and keep on keeping on!!:)

5:43 AM  
Blogger Rabbit said...

You should write your own memoires. Although, I've told you that before. You just have a way of expressing youself that brings a tear to my eye and a smile to my face. Talk to you later.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home