Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I am so bad at the consistency thing…


Every day I want to make a post and then everyday turns into the next. My job is especially challenging right now, which I love and my family remains especially challenging, which I also love.

So there was no camping on the weekend the 6 degrees above 0 Celsius frigid temperatures kept us home. I set up the tent in the kids bedroom with an air mattress and flashlights so they didn’t feel too ripped off. They went to grandma’s the next day and had a lovely weekend. I had to work on Sunday which is odd because I thought when you grew up and got one of them fancy government jobs weekend work was a thing of the past, but no so much… Oh well, I can’t complain, they treat me nice around here.

L’il boy bean is a menace on his bicycle these days. He loves it so much. It is so fun to watch his enjoyment and him revelling in the freedom he now has. They grow up too soon. Mini Bean is going through some sort of mid toddler crisis, and is attitude personified. Good thing she is so cute. L’il boy Bean is growing up too fast and Mini Bean refuses to grow up at all, she is three and refuses to go to the potty or get rid of her plug (soother, sucky, pacifier).

I’m rather boring as I just realized that I am 99% drama free lately. What’s up with that? No major crisis now or even on the horizon. I like it.

My best girl Kim is with child and I am very happy for her. Part of me is a bit jealous (Ok a lot jealous) and part of me laughs hahaha have fun with that….. but babies just smell so darn good. So congratulations. Babies are nice.

Have I told you about my neighbourhood and the fun that ensues? I live on a crescent with townhouses, so a lot of the people there are in the same demographic as me. Lower middle class, lots of young kids and singles. It is a good neighbourhood, but sometimes it is too good. Last night I was dealing with a bike injury (see above) and having dinner, and during this time there was about 3 knocks on the door asking when we were coming out to play. No before you all go thinking that you wish you were that popular, they were all from the same little persistent girl, who in the long run got her way when I sighed and we went outside to play… (which of course resulted in further injury, which was what I was trying to avoid in the first place. sigh…)

Well now that I have rambled on about my kids, I figure another story wont phase you too much, and hey if you are still reading than
A) You’re interested
B) You’re nuts
C) You’re bored
L’il boy Bean went on his first bus trip today to the zoo. How much fun is that? I had a moment remembering the excitement, the long trips on the big yellow bus, hanging out with other kids parents, who were so much cooler than my own, or alternatively being the cool kid who’s parent came along. He was so excited, I am only regretting that I can not be there when he gets off the bus, because my silly job is keeping me late again tonight. It is a little frightening to let them go. What if his wrist starts hurting, what if he gets lost, what if he gets trapped in with the monkeys and realizes he has found his people and chooses not to come back. I know I will breathe a sigh of relief when I get the call here at work that they are home and all is well.

Well once again I amaze myself with my ability to fill this blog with mindless chatter and things to say.

If you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading.

Yours till Niagara Falls,

Bean

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

"what if he gets trapped in with the monkeys and realizes he has found his people and chooses not to come back." I laughed out loud at this one! So cute.

2:10 PM  
Blogger ~Les said...

Well, I suppose if he gets trapped with the monkeys and decides not to come home, you can pack up the rest of the fam and go live with the monkeys too. ;0)

~Les

6:04 AM  
Blogger Bean said...

well we would all fit right in, thats for sure! LOL! Free food and getting to laugh at funny looking tourists all day, what could be better?

6:54 AM  
Blogger Rabbit said...

Let me know when you'll be relocating, as I am sure we could join you too! You do think of the strangest things some times, although, like Lori I did also laugh out loud. I too remember the parent thing Of course, I ususlly tried to strongly persuade my mom to come on the trip. Does that surprise you?

8:28 AM  
Blogger Bean said...

You wanting your Mummy to come on the trip .. not suprising, your Mummy needing persuading, not suprising. I'l let you know the date of relocation and inform the zoo we have further accomodation needs! LOL Anyone else wanna come?

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home