Thursday, April 13, 2006

Waxing Poetic


I guess I had better post. I have been keeping up with you all and happy to hear you are all doing so well. I love Blog land. I feel closer to some of you people that I have never met than I do with a lot of the people I encounter in my daily life. I guess in Blog land it is easy to filter out the good from the not so good. I really feel I have found the best of the best and I enjoy following your adventures. We all have so much more in common than our weight struggles. Parenting issues, relationship issues, motivation issues. I know that Lori is struggling as well as whether to keep her blog weight loss focused or branch out into other areas. My personal opinion is that we are all more than our weight loss struggles. I have been off points for about two weeks now and I have not posted as much as I usually do. Part of me is ashamed of myself and part of me didn’t want it to be the same old litany about how I am struggling, I ate a gazillion calories, I cheated again, I went to McDonalds…. Who cares? What about the good stuff? Like laughing at the most amazing wit of my husband and telling you the story of him waltzing across the parting lot of Best Buy and exclaiming in his most uncanny Rudolph voice “She thinks I’m cute” cause I was teasing him about the mondo zit on his swollen red nose. What about how my kids are a delight every minute except for the minutes when I want to strangle them, what about my life and how much better it has become since I found a church home? What about my belief that God will heal me of my compulsive overeating? What about the new friend I have made and how nice it is to have a girl friend? What about the fact I am getting a new roof, my love of ANTM, how excellent the Chronicles of Narnia was and how mean-spirited and disturbing Wolf Creek was? How about my workplace and my success and failures there?

I am more than my weight loss struggles, and I would like to share this stuff as well. I think I need to learn (am learning)that I am more than my fat but my fat is a symptom of what I am.

On that odd ~ not at all where I was planning to go ~ note. I love you all, and have a wonderful Easter. Like a good government employee I have a four-day weekend, so I wont be back until Tuesday, with lots of neat stuff to talk about!

BTW – I didn’t officially weigh in a weight watchers this week, I took a pass, and that’s okay… I’m smart enough, I’m good enough and gosh darn it people like me!

Bean (aka Stuart Smally)

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Awww Beaner! What a nice post, and you are right, we are more than the number on the scale. Just keep on keeping on.
Check out my weather pixie Destiny, she is smoking hot.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Reading your posts, weight related or not, have become something to look forward to. I hope that you have an excellent Easter weekend!

5:00 PM  
Blogger ~Les said...

I wrote something like this a week or 2 ago. We are ALL more than just struggling WW'ers. We are about more than fat, calories, journaling. I'm glad you REALIZE that, my friend. :0)

Have a great holiday, you lucky chick!! Wish I had 4 days off!!

~Les

6:31 AM  
Blogger snackiepoo said...

You are good enough, smart enough, and Gosh dang it...people like you!

LOL - I totally am more than my weight and another point is that all of those parts of me make up WHY I eat or don't eat...what successes or failures I have can affect my WL so I believe blogging, FOR ME, is about my whole life and I don't give a hee-haw who blogs about what as long as I am entertained and enlightened.

Your posts always speak to me and I see so much of myself in you, especially your sense of humor...it is so much like mine that I love it!

keep blogging the way you want....

11:15 AM  
Blogger dinah34 said...

thanks for putting that post it really helped me remember that i'm more than a freakin' number on a scale or 28 points in a day.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home