Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday Already?

I’ve been meaning to post all week and have been very busy at work so I get started on a post and then the next thing I know it is the next day and I haven’t posted again.

Thanks for your comments on the previous post. It is kind of hard to put yourself out there, I could write what I wanted when I was the only one looking at my blog, and then I started making some friends and making comments on other blogs and the next thing you know I am part of this wonderful circle of strong and interesting women, who all have a different point of view. I learn so much from all of you, and I love it when you comment on what I have to say.

So after my last post I got all freaked out and was thinking about what I had posted and how when this works what a testimony to the awesome power of God it will be, but if it doesn’t it will be another “I told you so” for people who are looking for every excuse to debunk a higher power.

I think we are born with a void in our lives. A place that is there for God to fill. I know I have spent my whole life trying to fill my hole, either with relationships with men and the false love (sex is not love) and food. Truth be told this has got me nowhere. It is by the grace of God that I didn’t get some gross disease or pregnant before I met my DH. Food works no better, the hole is still there and I just keep getting bigger.

So I am trying to fill my hole with God. I am happier than I have been in a long time, and I have a wonderful peace about things. I am still eating – overeating - but I am not so tied up in knots about it. I feel kind of free. I don’t expect to wake up thin, or that it will not be hard work, but I have the support of someone who loves me and understands me better than I understand myself that I can turn at any time.

We have the kids this weekend, so it should be fun. I love this time of year, people are out and about, neighbours stop by to say hello, the kids are playing on yards and on porches, a trip to the park is an cost free outing and everyone seems happier. I love spring.

I am going to visit a good friend on Saturday who I haven’t seen in a while and I am looking forward to it. Her daughter is getting married in May so she is all frazzled with wedding plans and pulling everything together. I expect to be outside for a good portion of the weekend kicking soccer balls and helping little man with his bike riding skills. He want the training wheels off but he is still falling off with a consistency that is impressive with them on. What is a Mom to do? I really need to clean as we are having company next weekend, but it just isn’t a priority for me. My husband wishes it was, but I have never been a clean freak. It if is a toss up between cleaning, and just about anything else, guess what wins? Your right Anything Else for 200 Alex!

Well I am out of here! I hope you all ahve a wonderful weekend. Dinah34 where you at girl?

Bean

1 Comments:

Blogger snackiepoo said...

I really love this post and can identify.

A few years ago, when I made my transformation that I always cryptically speak about, I took God into my heart and used his love to fill a lot of things and it has taught me so much.

Never do I pretend to be a perfect Christian cause let's face it, I drop a few f-bombs or two, but I do know that it has helped make me less tense and less mean. My bluntness used to include rudeness to others and now I stop, say a mini-prayer in my head, then speak and it has done wonders with all aspects of my life and even has affected why I do or do not eat.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home