Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wednesday Wrapup

I am staring this entry early today, before my weigh in because I saw something shocking on the scale today at home (why I do this to myself I will never know). A gain was revealed and a big one at that. All my progress from last week erased. Now it will be hard to say how this translates on the WW at Work scale that our fearless leader brings but I suspect it will be close.

I was pissy about it. I ate a cookie, and then I had some revelations.

1. It is not redundant to post my food on line. It is helpful – but only if I am being honest with myself and others.
2. I ate like crap this weekend. If I gained weight I deserved it.
3. I haven’t counted points since Friday – I must journal
4. I eat to medicate my broken spirit. I need help.
5. I need to stop eating after supper. My witching hour.
6. If I start the binge, I cant stop.
7. I cannot have cookies in my house, or at least in the kitchen.
8. I am dangerously close to being bulimic and I can no longer blame my Weight Loss surgery on this.
9. I am angry that I had weight loss surgery and I still have to diet. HOWEVER I need to let go of this anger and get on with health.
10. My kids need me and I need to be healthy to give them what they need.

So there it is the ugly truth. I face the scale in 10 minutes and I will post after the meeting.

I’m back…. Well it is not as bad as I had figured with a gain of 2.5. Not great but not as disastrous as was expected.

This week I resolve:

· to drink all of my water 7 days a week and not just through the week.
· Not eat after supper – if I need something I will drink hot tea.
· Exercise – go for a walk at least two times this week after the kids go to bed.
· Not to visit candy dishes in the office and stick to my three fireballs a day
· Journal my food – on paper and on line.


I will report on my progress through the week and do a Wrap Up on what will now be referred to as Wrap Up Wednesdays!

Bean (tired of the yoyo scales)

No one ever climbed a hill just by looking at it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

"No one climbed a hill just by looking at it"
Exactly. This blog entry has been very real. Your honesty is forthcoming, and you know where you are and where you need to go.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Bean said...

I found it interesting that when I was looking at the list later that not one item had anything to do with looking hot in a pair of jeans.

6:12 AM  
Blogger dinah34 said...

don't be so hard on yourself hon. beating yourself up will do nothing but make you feel worse and lead to unhealthy habitse (ie. eating disorders).

i find my blog is a good way to get all these emotions regarding food and weight out there, without having to put myself on the line like i would in real life.

i hope that it has the same benefits for you as well.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home